Supervisor’s Title: Director of Development
Employees Supervised: none
Job Type: Full-time (Exempt)
The Development Events Coordinator handles all aspects of Trust development special events and facility rentals, including planning, strategy, and logistics. Initiates and schedules client meetings, coordination of catering, event setup, teardown, and post-event evaluation. Creates event budgets and ensures timely invoicing and payment for costs, donations and reimbursements.
- Assist in coordination of annual Wright Plus event. Ensure timely completion of all necessary advance arrangements and logistics to ensure smooth operation of the day. Attend strategy meetings with key staff members and volunteer leadership.
- Assist in planning and execution of Wright Night, the Trust’s December annual benefit event, including invitation list, catering, set up and silent auction.
- Coordinate exclusive dinner events at Robie house and other Wright sites, including catering, set up, breakdown and related programming.
- Plan and coordinate annual winter staff luncheon and annual fall volunteer appreciation party.
- As a team member of the Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication and respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Two-three years of experience preferred. Previous experience in a nonprofit or events setting highly desired. Strong administrative, writing, research, and interpersonal skills. Well organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and self-directed. Outgoing and poised personality. Knowledge of Oak Park/River Forest area useful. Ability to travel to all Trust’s sites as required.
Administrative offices are located in a downtown historic building. Oak Park and Hyde Park Trust sites are located in multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use as well as travel to off-site locations. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
Health and Safety Requirements/Instruction:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.