Reports to: Director of Communications
Employees Supervised: none
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the Trust’s visual communications, including designing for print materials, websites, email marketing, digital graphics and signage. The position strategizes approaches and treatments with internal clients and coordinates with freelance designers on projects as needed.
- Minimum three years’ graphic design experience in a professional setting
- Experience with Photoshop resizing, retouching and saving for the web and print
- Basic print production knowledge and ability to interface with printers' reps
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- HTML (basic knowledge of coding)
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with email marketing platforms (preferably Constant Contact)
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, stay organized and respect deadlines. A team player and strong communicator
Administrative offices are located in a downtown historic building. Oak Park and Hyde Park Trust sites are located in multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.