A part-time position at 21 hours per week, Thursday through Monday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm (Schedule may be modified as needed.) Care and maintenance of the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust operated properties in Oak Park, Bellwood, and occasionally Hyde Park. Assists Facilities Manager with mechanical (HVAC) and security systems, general maintenance, and housekeeping in accordance with Trust preservation guidelines.
- Meet with Facilities Manager regularly to schedule work projects.
- Complete daily housekeeping duties of the public spaces, bathrooms, and offices, following the building housekeeping manual. Complete special cleaning projects as assigned.
- Remove leaves and trash from courtyard, entrances, and common outdoor areas. Clear snow from public and private throughways as needed to maintain building access for staff and visitors.
- Assist in maintenance of HVAC and Security systems operations, including minor repair and preventive maintenance following established routine plan.
- Assist in the preservation and maintenance of the original historic fabric of the museum building by cleaning and surveying art glass windows, original wood trim, and hardware following protocol of the preservation maintenance manual.
- Move and assemble delivered goods and equipment as needed.
- Maintain facilities storage areas keeping supplies and equipment efficiently organized. Report to supervisor on condition of equipment and tools in order to complete work efficiently. Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Work collaboratively with others on event / program set-up and breakdown.
- As a team member of the Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication and respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Trade experience preferred, but not required. Mechanical and technical skills or light carpentry skills useful.
- Ability to learn and apply special procedures related to historic houses and museum environments.
- Ability to lift loads of 35 pounds.
- Moves, loads, delivers supplies and property weighing up to 35 pounds. On rare occasions, may move with others loads over 100 pounds.
- Frequently required to climb ladders, work on roof, and work in tight spaces, such as crawlspaces
- Weekend hours required.
Majority of work in historic building currently under restoration. Exposure to environmental allergens including dust, pollen, mold and building materials pre-OSHA standards. Multi-level work area; museum building and administrative offices not accessible to the mobility impaired. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.