Supervisor’s Title: Director of Development
Employees Supervised: none
Classification: Non-Exempt (Part-Time, 15-20 hours per week)
The Development Assistant assists the Trust’s development and membership department in all aspects of work, including but not limited to processing new, renewing and lapsed memberships, support for members events, the Wright Plus House Walk, Wright Night Benefit event, and Annual Appeal. Reports to the Director of Development and collaborates with other departments as required to meet the goals of the organization and the department.
- Respond to inquiries from members returning phone calls and emails.
- Oversee timely membership enrollments, membership receipts, renewals, and manage the logistics related to membership mailings. Assist in developing and managing benefits for high-end membership societies.
- Collaborate with development department staff in a variety of development functions, including mailings, reports, events, annual reports etc.
- As a team member of the Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, friendliness, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and success of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
One-year prior administrative experience required. Previous experience in a development office highly desirable. Excellent administrative, writing, research, and interpersonal skills needed. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and self-directed. Duties require a high level of competence with databases and Microsoft Office software. Prior fundraising database experience preferred. Must have own vehicle for offsite activities and be able to lift and transport supplies and equipment.
Administrative offices are located in a downtown historic building. Oak Park and Hyde Park Trust sites are located in multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use as well as ability to travel to off-site locations. This position is in the Oak Park office. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.