Supervisor’s Title: Retail Director
Employees Supervised: None
The Buyer will be responsible for purchasing and planning all product buys to achieve sales and profitability targets.
- Procure and develop new product to achieve all sales targets in shops and online.
- Analyze sales and demand reports and place orders to promote sales and fill gaps on the basis of brand fit, cost, delivery and quality.
- Develop effective relationships with product vendors and work with them to follow up on open business issues and ensure timely delivery of merchandise.
- Create, execute and follow-up on all product purchase orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Ensure that the appropriate inventory is allocated to support forecasted sales in each company location.
- Assist with promotions and marketing campaigns to support merchandise sales goals.
- Assist with website updates and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- 3+ years retail and e-commerce buying experience preferred
- Experience developing new products
- Working knowledge of e-commerce merchandising basics
- Strong merchandising, forecasting and financial skills.
- Affinity for Frank Lloyd Wright and the Mid-Century Modern Style
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Creative problem solver and self-starter.
Administrative offices are located in a downtown historic building. Oak Park and Hyde Park Trust sites are located in multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use as well as travel to off-site locations. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Position requires frequent and regular telephone and computer use. Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.