951 Chicago Ave., Oak Park, IL 60302
Tour Hours: 10 am - 4 pm daily
Museum Shop Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 am to 4 pm; Saturday and
Sunday, 9 am to 5 pm.
From January 20 through January 23 and from February 2 through February 5, 2015, the shop hours are 9 am to 2 pm.
Shop is closed from January 26 through January 30, 2015.
Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year's Day.
Interior tours of the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio are not scheduled from January 20 through February 5, 2015 so that we may complete crucial preservation projects. Historic Neighborhood Walking Tours are available.
Experience all that Oak Park has to offer with the Wright Around Oak Park Tour. Learn More >
Map & Directions
From downtown Chicago
Take I-290 West. Exit at Harlem Avenue. Turn right (north), and drive 1.5 miles to Chicago Avenue. Turn right (east) on Chicago Avenue. The Home and Studio is 3 blocks east on the right side of the street.
From downtown Chicago (CTA)
Take westbound Green Line L train to the Oak Park stop. Walk under tracks and go north 5 blocks on Oak Park Avenue to Chicago Avenue. Turn left (west) and walk 3 blocks to the Home and Studio. 10-15 minute walk. Trains run approximately every twenty minutes.
From downtown Chicago (Metra)
Board Union Pacific West Line train at Metra Station (Clinton & Madison Streets). Exit at Oak Park stop. Walk north 5 blocks on Marion Street to Chicago Avenue. Turn right and walk one block to the Home and Studio. 10-15 minute walk. Check the train schedule.
If you plan to visit Unity Temple as well:
Unity Temple is a three-block walk from the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio. Unity temple tour tickets may be purchased at the Home and Studio Museum Shop.
- The Studio, including the drafting room, octagonal library, Wright’s office, the reception area and the exterior, is accessible to standard-size wheelchairs. The Trust has one standard-size wheelchair available for guests at the Home and Studio.
- The Home is not accessible to wheelchairs of any size as all entries to the Home have stairs.
- Guests in wheelchairs may request to view the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio DVD, which features rooms that they may not be able to view during their visit.
- “Will Call” Ticket Holders – Check in and pick up your tickets at the Home and Studio Museum Shop no later than 15 minutes prior to your specified tour or event time.
- “eTicket” Holders – Bring your eTickets with you and check in at the Home and Studio Museum Shop no later than 15 minutes prior to your specified tour or event time. eTickets must be exchanged for authorized admission tickets before the tour or event.
- Late arrivals will join their specified tour or event in progress.
- Tickets are not refundable or exchangeable.
- For certain special programs and events, you may be placed on a guest list rather than receive a ticket.
- Ticket purchases or reservations entitle the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust to unrestricted use of photographs taken by our staff or agents during your visit, without subject consent.
Free street parking is available.
Lodging in the Oak Park area: www.visitoakpark.com