Supervisor’s Title: Museum Shop Manager or Museum Shop Assistant Manager (when Manager not available).
Employees Supervised: None
Classification: Variable Part Time - Non-Exempt X
The Frank Lloyd Wright Trust is a non-profit organization which operates two internationally-known house museums (Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio in Oak Park, IL and the Robie House in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago, IL) and is recognized as a leader in the restoration and preservation of historic sites, education, research and community outreach.
Works as a member of the multi-channel retailing team to promote and execute sales in the museum shops. Provide excellent customer service and contribute to the sales goals of the organization.
- Provide world class customer service to guests. Build relationships, share product knowledge and present a clean, safe and visually appealing shop environment.
- Accurately operate registers to enable merchandise, membership, tour and event transactions.
- Handle cash and provide change without error.
- Act as a resource for guests about merchandise, tours, events and programs at both museums.
- Consistently work to achieve shop sales goals, which support organizational revenue goals
- Be knowledgeable with all products. Process and stock merchandise as required.
- As a team member of the Preservation Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and success of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Position requires excellent customer service and communication skills. Some sales experience in retail, museums, or other service industry with proven results preferred.
Multi-level work area; museum building and administrative offices not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use; regular exposure to weather conditions; ability to move loads up to 40 lbs. Travel to multiple locations as well as evening and weekend assignments necessary. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.