Supervisor’s Title: Daily Operations Managers
Employees Supervised: Guest Relations Representatives
Manage the delivery of guest experiences at the Trust’s sites.
- Implement successful delivery of daily guest experiences and activities including but not limited to tours, programs, events, special use of sites and facility rentals at the site assigned.
- Manage staff and volunteer resources to deliver quality visitor experiences.
- Prepare museum and sites for delivery of guest experiences including but not limited to material and equipment requirements, event or program set up, and housekeeping directives. Ensure that staff and volunteers are assigned, available and prepared for the day’s programs and events.
- Respond quickly and effectively as any relevant opportunities and challenges arise.
- Open, close and secure the museum and sites according to approved policies, procedures and security guidelines.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting visitation and participation data.
- Ensure that personal and property safety/security procedures are followed by staff and volunteers, including but not limited to: proper use of alarm system, emergency calls to police and ambulance, remediation of damage, and confidential and secure storage of paper and electronic documents. Resolve any related problems in collaboration with Guest Relations Director.
- Provide supervisor with insights into customer feedback, requests and issues.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- As a team member of the Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality, and success of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Demonstrated success in providing quality visitor experiences, functioning cross-organizationally, and managing human resources. Must be computer literate. Position requires excellent customer service and communication skills and proven problem-solving abilities.
Central administrative office is accessible; museum buildings are multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use, public speaking, long periods of standing. Regular exposure to varied weather conditions. Travel to multiple locations as well as evening and weekend assignments necessary. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Assigned work site(s) is/are HS/931, Robie House, Rookery, Unity Temple, Bach House