Supervisor’s Title: HS Daily Operations Manager, RH Daily Operations Manager, Unity Temple Daily Operations Manager
Employees Supervised: None
Classification: Seasonal/part-time (April – October) - Hourly
Location: Chicago, IL and Oak Park, IL
Implement successful delivery of daily guest experiences and activities at Trust sites. Travel to the Home and Studio and Unity Temple in Oak Park, Rookery in downtown Chicago, and Robie House in Hyde Park sites is required. Weekend and evening hours may be required to meet the needs of the organization and customer service goals of the department.
- Deliver quality daily guest experiences including but not limited to tours, programs, events, special use of sites and facility rentals at the Home and Studio, Unity Temple, Robie House and the Rookery.
- Assist in the preparation of the sites for delivery of guest experiences.
- Participate in and complete the interpreter training program(s), successfully learning to lead tours.
- Manage daily audio tour logistics.
- Assist with and support museum shop retail operations as assigned.
- As a team member of the Guest Relations Department provide organizational support and back up as coordinated by supervisor.
- Provide administrative assistance to Daily Operations Managers.
- Assist other departments and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure customer service and safety goals in order to contribute to organizational objectives.
- As a team member of the Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and success of the organization.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Position requires excellent customer service, organization and communication skills. Experience in hospitality, museums, or other service industry with proven results preferred. Experience with cash handling a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and internet use required.
Central administrative office is accessible and located in Loop historic building; Oak Park and Chicago house museum sites are multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent computer and phone use. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Travel to off-site locations necessary. Weekend and occasional evening hours required. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.