Supervisor: Director of Communications
The Frank Lloyd Wright Trust, a leading cultural tourism non-profit based in Chicago’s Loop, seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Communications for Audience Development. This versatile position develops and executes strategies to grow audience and strengthen the organization’s visibility through marketing initiatives, media outreach, audience analysis and external communications.
- Develop and manage visitor survey program, analyze data to create strategy for initiatives, and evaluate audience building success. Work collaboratively with various departments to develop metrics and KPIs.
- Strategize and manage omni-channel rollouts of capital initiatives in collaboration with the Director of Communications.
- Manage ad buys and strategize advertising campaigns across all media platforms, assisting with ROI analysis.
- Managerial responsibility for media outreach and media relations, proactively seeking print and digital placements, responding to inquiries, and achieving high visibility for the organizational brand and programs.
- Oversee email marketing program, develop calendar, content, evaluate results, and make data-driven recommendations for optimization.
- Assist in managing workflow in communications office and act as department head in the absence of the Director of Communications.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Analytic skills with facility to interpret data to drive strategy and evaluate results
- Experience with earned media, from outreach to placement reports
- Familiarity with all media platforms
- Understanding of digital advertising and social media trends
- Organized and detail-oriented, with ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- At least 5 years marketing/communications experience. Agency experience and humanities background preferred.
- Please provide writing samples at the time of resume submission
Administrative offices are located in a downtown historic building. Oak Park and Hyde Park Trust sites are located in multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use as well as travel to off-site locations. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Position requires frequent and regular telephone and computer use. Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.