Supervisor’s Title: Director of Finance
Employees Supervised: None
Classification: Full-time non-exempt
The Accounting Assistant maintains daily cash records, processes Accounts Payable, processes check and electronic payments, performs bank reconciliations and account analyses. The Assistant also monitors the Daily Sales Report and reconciles to daily bank deposits. The Assistant plays an integral role in the monthly closing process by working cooperatively with the Staff Accountant and Director of Finance to secure accurate and timely financial reporting to all stakeholders.
- Monitor daily cash through banking websites and spreadsheet maintenance.
- Review daily museum shop retail receipts & deposit tickets, verify accuracy and post to Excel spreadsheet.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices and check requests.
- Process A/P check run on a weekly basis and in emergencies as needed.
- Maintain all department files: A/P; Sales Receipts; Deposit Tickets, Account Reconciliations.
- Administer company credit card account and all users’ statements.
- Generate and input Journal Entries as needed.
- Actively participate in month-end closing process.
- Distribute monthly financial reports to staff.
- Perform Account Analyses.
- Perform Bank Reconciliations.
- Assist in Budget preparation.
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication and respect for all positions within the organization.
- Exhibit integrity and professionalism by maintaining confidentiality of financial information while contributing to the overall success of the organization.
- Work with Staff Accountant to facilitate efficiency within the Finance Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
Accounting degree, equivalent accounting/bookkeeping experience or college degree desired. Ideal candidate is detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and organization. Able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the Trust. Customer Service approach to communication. Cooperation with internal and external stakeholders. Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a desire to work effectively with colleagues and senior management. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required. Familiarity with Financial Edge and Altru software desired. Nonprofit experience is also desirable.
Finance Department offices are located in Bellwood, IL. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use as well as potential travel to off-site locations. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.